Easily enter project, design, geometry and loading information to design your own frame.
SPECIAL MOMENT FRAME DESIGNER
The new Hardy Frame SMF Design Manager includes three tabs – Project Design Information, Frame Geometry and Frame Loads.
The interactive HF SMF Design Manager from MiTek enables you to easily input SMF design parameters, then submit to our engineers with the click of a mouse. Custom SMF Designs and job specific installation details have never been so easy.
- As Frame geometry, frame configuration, anchorage connections and wood nailer options are input, image graphics are updated instantly to reflect the selections.
- When live and dead loads are entered; uniform or concentrated, a loading diagram simultaneously reflecting the input is provided.
- The Design Manager can now be used for single or two story Frames, up to 3 bays.
Visit the Special Moment Frame Designer website to send your design request today.
INSTANTLY DRAWN TO SCALE
The software is highly interactive and replaces tedious manual input forms.
- As the user enters dimensions the frame is instantly drawn to scale.
- The input is checked for consistency and accuracy, preventing costly specification errors and delays.
- Clearance heights and widths are displayed, including reductions for nailers and SidePlates.
The user inputs IBC 2012 or 2015 design data including Seismic, Wind and Serviceability parameters required by the job.
- Design load input is also interactive and graphical.
- Point, Joint and Uniform loading is supported by an easy-to-use interface.
- Eight Load Patterns including Dead, Live, Seismic and Wind are supported.
- Vertical, lateral and moment load types are allowed.
Submittal of the design request provides all project information and data necessary for the MiTek – Hardy Frame engineering department to deliver the most economical design with the best up-to-date Side Plate technology.
HFX-IRC DESIGN GUIDE
The Guide’s prescriptive design flow chart, equivalent braced wall panel length tables, and concrete anchorage embed details, are providing the complete design tool that you need for applying Code-evaluated Hardy Frame Narrow Shear Wall Panels.
Contact us for questions related to our HFX Panels, Brace Frames or Moment Frames:
Hours: M – F 8:00a – 5:00p (PST)
Phone: 800 754-3030
Email: Customer Service
Address 1732 Palma Dr. Ventura, CA 93003